Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm Doing My Part to Hold it Together, Need Opinions Guys and Girls?

My wife went on a camping trip last year when she was the unfortunate victim of a viscous spider bite. We didn’t think much of it, and did not seek medical attention immediately and instead continued on our trip. My wife complained of itching and swelling for a week after she was originally bitten. One morning she woke me up out of my sleep in tremendous pain. Her left had turned very dark , like a large bruise was covering her , and it was abnormally swollen and there was a horrendous odor. I rushed her to the hospital where they had to amputate her . She recovered, but our marriage is suffering now. She was a perfect 10, when we got married, as was I. Now, she has a missing , and has refused to do anything about it. She refuses to get a prosthetic and there are still wounds that will bleed from time to time. Some mornings the odor permeates the room prior to me waking up. It takes at least 2 pots of fresh brewed coffee to get rid of the stench some mornings. I really didn’t sign up for this, and was pondering a divorce while I’m still young and I’m still an awesome catch. I’m completely turned off by her physically, and am repulsed by the idea of getting intimate. I have to think of her mom or sister just to get through it sometimes. I feel like I’ve really been more than fair in sticking things out this long, and helping out with the dishes and things like that as much as possible, but how much of a burden is one man supposed to burden? I understand vows say through sickness and health and all that, but I doubt they had this set of cirstances in mind when writing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment