Monday, August 15, 2011

Am I really bipolar? Or just depressed? Read on...?

I got diagnosed bipolar, but I somhow feel that it doesnt fit me. What do you think...here's waht happened that led up to this diagnoses. Three years ago my parents got divorced and my boyfriend cheated on me. I had a nervous breakdown and became severely depressed at that point. I lost 20lbs etc. Well it didnt go away and lasted and lasted with minni little nervous breakdowns and anxiety along the way. It became harder and ahrder to sleep, I was obsessive and extremely depressed. Nothing I would do would make it go away. My university Pdoc tried me on 4 different anti-depressants and nothing really happened. I started feeling more and more helpless at time when on and checked myself into the psych ward to see what they could do for me, they told me i was just depressed and sent me home with cymbalta and ativan. At this time i started dating a new guy. I was so depressed I tried to change my entire personality so that I would seem fun and not depressed and i also felt bad about myself from the last guy, so i was trying to change myself cause i thought there was something wrong with me. I would dissociate pretty badly and it was almost like i would not be in my body but would become soemone else. Anyway, i stayed on the cymbalta for a while which sorta helped, but then i went off it for a while. At this point my reltionship with the guy started going down the tubes and I was becomeing even more hopless and depressed, this time raging and having panic attacks etc. I also started taking ativan a few times a week for about a month just to calm myself down becuase i was so meesed up over the breakup. They all of a sudden I had the feeling like I am going to kill myself. i was suicidal and checked myself back in to the hospital. Once again they gave my cymbalta and ativan and sent me home. At this point something really weird started going on with me, I was onthis cymbalta and it felt like I was going to die, like some kind of electrical storm was happening inside my head. I was also taking ativan and ambien almost every night to sleep at this point. I had never been this bad in my entire life. At this point my depression was so bad I wanted nothing more then just to die, the thought actually comforted me. I dont know if this was a reaction the medication, i could not eat, sleep, or even function. I couldn't get out of bed to even walk outside.I had such bad pain in my head, i felt like I was already dead. It felt physical in nature, i don't know how else to explain it. So while i was on this cymbalta, I would get moments during the day where i would feel really good, like finally my depression is gone. Then the next day it would just come back. I finally went to the hospital one last time and that is when they diagnosed me bipolar 2. However I never had any hypomanic moments before i was on the cymbalta. So now im on lamictal and Istill feel like ****, although i can function if i force myself. I still feel as though it was just mental breakdowns mixed in with depression, anxiety, and a medication induced hypomania. Someone help...Now when I try to get off mood stabalizer, i feel that crazy energy of wanting to talk to strangers and do thinks i normally wouldnt comes back. what the hell happened to me. i never had just instability before like i had this past year. Im 25 byt he way. What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment