Friday, August 12, 2011

Help! Earwigs are everywhere!?

Ok, so this may sound a little crazy, but I've been at war with earwigs for about a month now. My home is on a slab and immediately off my back door is a short deck. At night they tend to scare me, crawling up between the cracks of the deck and pinching on occasion. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but I need to control this problem. I used Seven spray continuously for a week or so with no result. I tried the earwig traps, which worked to some degree - but in a way it made the problem worse because it just made me more paranoid. So here was my worst mistake... I put Ortho Bug B Gone granules between the cracks of the deck and around the house. It seems like it would have been a great idea, but it actually made things worse. They are all still alive, but now that I've scared them out of their home - there are now thousands! In a five minute period, I squished about 50 (no exaggeration). Will they eventually leave? Is there ANYTHING that kills these things? I can't take it anymore. Other than burning the house down, is there anyway to just annihilate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment