Thursday, August 11, 2011

Are labels necessary?

I would often times find myself wanting to believe/abide by certain things just to label myself a certain way. For instance, when I considered myself a deist, I would say that God, or whatever you want to call it, watched over the earth but did not intercede. When in reality, I didn't make any umptions about God's role in the universe. I just believe we are a product of conscious creation; I don't believe in an after-life; and at times my believes with regard to God's role in the universe change. Sometimes I want to believe the source of the entire known existence is out there and that it is aware of what is going on, but not necessarily interested. So, I just say I am a non-religious non-theist. Do some of you find yourself having to do the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment